At Tritech we build with sustainability in mind because we believe that the best quality services are delivered with the consideration of the environment, not just the bottom line. In 2010 Tritech established a new and updated Environmental Management Plan that further encourages environmental and sustainable practices in every aspect of our business.
Design and Construction
From optimizing the configuration of reservoirs and bioreactors, to minimizing the amount of concrete used, and selecting pumps that maximize energy efficiency, we can provide clients with a product that is not only sustainable but also cost effective.
One of Tritech’s biggest moves to become more sustainable was to build a new energy efficient head office building with sustainable features, including:
- A geoexchange heating and cooling system that uses the renewable energy from the earth to heat and cool the building.
- A rainwater collection system and a pump station with drip irrigation piping to irrigate landscaping during the summer months saving an estimated 8500 m3/yr of potable water.
- Installing state of the art low-flow plumping fixtures throughout the building. All our toilets are low-flush and our taps have sensors to reduce water use.
- Using LEED certified hand driers and eliminating paper-towels from the washrooms. This initiative prevents 150 pounds of paper towel waste from ending up in landfills.
- Installing double glazed windows that lower energy consumption by keeping the temperature in the building constant.
Suppliers and Subcontractors
When choosing supplier and subcontract partners, we ensure that health, safety, and environmental practices meet our standards.
Our procurement process includes criteria ensuring suppliers adhere to environmental and safety regulations, have common environmental objectives and commitments to sustainability.
Tritech also expects subcontract partners to agree to and abide by the Project Environmental Plan and be actively involved in providing updates at project meetings.