This project involved the construction of an upgrade to the Douglas Sewage Pump Station in Surry, BC.
City of Surrey
Tritech’s scope of work for this project included:
- Supply and installation of a new fiberglass (FRP) top section to the existing wet well
- Installation of a temporary bypass pumping system
- Removal of existing pumps, piping, and electrical equipment
- Supply and installation of new pumps and piping
- Supply and installation of a new odour control unit
- Supply and installation of a new electrical kiosk complete with power and instrumentation
- Related electrical, mechanical and civil works
- Site civil and landscaping works
- Co-ordination with BC Hydro
- Testing and commissioning of installed systems
Because this project was located in a site next to an environmentally sensitive area, Tritech followed special procedures to protect the surrounding ecosystems. There was a high ground water table which caused an added challenge and required Tritech to implement a dewatering system.